Now booking Fall/Winter 2018 – Festivals, etc. Please call 502.224.7500 for more info!
Hi, I’m Mark Pyles, and I’m a singer/songwriter from Louisville, KY. I write original songs and perform them, as well as covers, both as a contributing as well as featured performer, at various farmers markets, festivals and open mics around town. I am a member of both Kentuckiana Association of Singers, Lyricists and Composers (KASLAC) and Heartland Songwriter’s Association of KY (HSAOK).
I can usually (or at least occasionally) be found, either performing or just listening, at some of my favorite open mics around town:
- Open Mic Mondays at Goodwood Brewing Co hosted by Alanna Fugate, every Monday evening from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Wide Open Mic at Air Devils Inn hosted by Nate Tumas, every Tuesday evening starting at 8:00 pm
- Listen Locally Louisville Open Mic Hosted By Katie Didit @ Diorio’s Pizza & Pub on Baxter each Wednesday of the month starting around 7:00 pm.
- Sunergos Open Mic hosted by Maxwell Sounds on the 1st Wednesday of every month starting at 7:00 pm.
- Beechmont Baptist Church Second Saturdays “Second Saturdays”, on the second Saturday of the month starting at 7:00 pm
- House of Joy on the 3rd Saturday of the month starting at 9:00 pm.
…or alternately at home in my music room writing, rehearsing and recording.
P.S. Folks have asked me where “Pajamas Music” came from. The back story is, I posted cover of a Mindy Smith tune, “Come to Jesus” on an acoustic guitar forum, and one of the feedback comments I received read:
I confess, I was skeptical going in. The original(at least the version I have of her live) has soaring female vocals, guitars, a mandolin, and is tremendously powerful. I wasn’t sure a gray haired guy (like me) in his pajamas with a guitar would pull this off. But the simple arrangement and your unique voice were compelling. I truly enjoyed this.
Now, for the record, I was not wearing pajamas, I was dressed casually, but it seemed as good a name for a website as anything, so there you go.